A unique opportunity for a Technical Tax Adviser and Writer in all areas of SME tax, including indirect taxes. Based at home (in the UK) and working as part of an on-line team the role involves keeping up a suite of tax resources (including for tax CPD) are up to date and advisory work, covering a broad range of advisory topics.
They are looking for a Tax Adviser who is strong in SME tax.
The role covers a combination of:
• Technical writing.
You must be good at writing and research, enjoy a challenge and be adaptable and flexible in your outlook and prepared to learn more.
• Providing tax advisory support dealing with technical tax queries from firms of accountants. Ideally you will be very strong in SME corporate tax and have a good breadth of experience across the main taxes affecting SMEs and their owners, including employment taxes.
• The ideal candidate will have a background in practice (will consider hires from manager level upwards, including partners who are retiring and looking fora final role), with hands on experience in working with OMBs and private clients and understanding their issues ‘from the cradle to the grave’. You will have spent time in compliance and understand the challenges of working in practice.
• The role will include customer relationship development and management and across those components.
• This specialist practice acts for hundreds of firms across the UK and the type of consulting work that comes into the service is almost infinitely variable in terms of subject matter and scale of fees.
• You will also act as an online editor and writer for articles on the firm's website. This role will include assisting in planning regular news letters, reviewing the web-trawl and deciding on topical content, including which guides require updating and writing and updating guides for the web. You will also assist in developing a new range of webinars for subscribers covering a range of topics.
The split of your work at any time between providing technical support and writing will be variable.
This practice will consider hires on a 4 day week or full time basis. You must be UK based and have full rights to work in the UK (this firm is unable to offer visa sponsorship).