This is a stand-out Head of Tax position on the interim tax market. Reporting to the Group Director of Financial Control, this Group Head of Tax will have overall responsibility for managing tax risks and tax compliance obligations across the company markets, setting and maintaining robust tax governance policies, managing the global tax reporting and supporting the business on tax matters relating to commercial projects.
Your key accountabilities will include:
* Lead for all general tax matters for a number of countries across Europe.
* Ultimate responsibility for UK corporation tax return filings to HMRC.
* Development of the tax control framework and identification of areas of potential weakness or opportunities for improvement.
* Management and coordination of tax audits as required.
* Supporting the UK finance team with quarterly VAT filings.
* Coordinating and maintaining the Group Transfer Pricing policy.
* Management of the relationships with external advisors including HMRC, auditors and tax advisors.
* Proactively identifying oppportunities for tax efficiencies with the group including tax reliefs, efficiencies and capital allowances.
* Providing technical and other support for mergers and acquisitions and other projects as needed.
Suitable individuals will have proven success in a Group Tax role within a fast paced, high volume, B2C business as well as previously held accountability for scoping and delivering process improvements.
This is an exceptional role in a collaborative, delivery focused team, with a well established and inspiring leadership team. Key attributes for this position include integrity, resilience and a good sense of humour!
The role will ideally commence in October and will be for a 12 month period. A hybrid working pattern will be on offer.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.