VAT Manager job Part Time Hybrid ATT CTA ACCA
Your new company
I am working exclusively with my client on a new addition to their Tax team for a VAT Manager. They have a fantastic culture which is very collaborative and supportive, resulting in low staff turnover and high job satisfaction. This role can be completed on a part time basis, 3 days a week. There is also hybrid working and on site parking, along with a modern office space.
Your new role
* Manage the preparation and submission of VAT returns for the UK company, including reconciliations, MTD filing and liaison with the wider Tax team which is based overseas
* Manage the preparation and submission of VAT returns for other entities
* Construction and submission of the quarterly Group VAT return
* Liaise with HMRC on VAT/Customs Duty matters where appropriate
* Liaise with tax advisors for the supply of services where appropriate
* Advisory support for VAT and indirect taxes on projects (eg international VAT, VAT on property)
* Monitor sales thresholds for overseas VAT and agree strategy with Senior Tax Director and register where applicable
* Provide support to finance and IT development teams to ensure VAT treatment is correct in finance systems, particularly changes (e.g. new VAT registrations, new systems etc) in terms of VAT calculation and enabled reporting
* Rolling audit of key areas for indirect tax
* Keep up to date with and promote use of tax technology
* Ensure all returns are accurate and filed on a timely basis
* Keep abreast of Brexit challenges and ongoing changes required to remain compliant
* Keep up to date with major changes and updates in indirect tax, including packaging taxes etc and promote the team and business awareness generally
What you'll need to succeed
You will be ACCA, ATT or CTA qualified, or qualified by experience, working on UK and Irish VAT as well as knowledge of overseas jurisdictions in order to assist with Group returns. Commercial experience is necessary
What you'll get in return
The role is available on a part time basis, 3 days a week with hybrid and flexible working. Excellent communication skills are required to liaise with internal stakeholders both in the UK and overseas. Salary is up to £80,000 depending on experience, which will be pro rata'd (to circa £43k-48k). Onsite parking available, modern offices, excellent pension and a range of benefits which we can discuss on application
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.