his is an opportunity to be there at the beginning of a totally new in-house tax function. The role of the Tax Advisory Manager will be to monitor tax risks across this FS Group and act as an effective business partner to advise on the tax impacts of new products, transactions etc. Day to day your role will include:
• Coordinating, liaising and skills development of all colleagues across the group involved in the taxation process
• Establishing robust processes and controls across the group in relation to taxation, driving continuous improvement.
• Coordinating Senior Accounting Officer reporting.
• Ensuring adherence to tax strategy as approved by the Board.
• Risk monitoring and reporting for 1st Line of Defence activities.
• Provision of robust taxation advice in relation to new commercial arrangements, restructuring and other business activities including M&A.
• Seek and identify opportunities to reduce tax burden of the group through ensuring use of all available reliefs and that the activities of the group are structured in a tax efficient manner.
• Ad hoc project work including conducting tax reviews, enquiries and audits.
• Ambassador for tax governance across all business activity.
This position would suit a manager or senior manager who has dealt with large groups (FS experience an advantage). You will need a relevant qualification (ACA, CTA, ACCA etc). This business can offer hybrid working (minimum of 2 days a week in thee office).