Corporate Tax Manager job, top 10, permanent, London, flexible working.
Your new company
A top 10 accountancy firm looking for a Business / Corporate Tax Manager within Fintech space.
Your new role
This role will provide tax compliance and advisory services for a wide range of business clients.
The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients and managing more junior members of staff as necessary.
You will also provide assistance to Directors/Partners in both client work and in the management of the group. You will actively be involved in and look to seek out working on special assignments and advisory projects where appropriate.
* Manage portfolio of businesses including OMBs, SMEs and larger corporates
* Undertake corporate tax provisioning, compliance and advisory work for your portfolio
* Ability to get involved in variety of business tax work (e.g. ad-hoc advisory, international tax matters, R&D tax credits, awareness of VAT and employment tax aspects)
* Opportunity to assist with transactional and due diligence work
* Give exceptional client service and be responsible for maintaining regular contact with client team
* Technically strong
Staff Management and development:
* Liaison with Partners, demonstrating strong management skills
* Appraisals/monitor staff performance
* On the job training for junior staff on a one-to-one basis
* Dealing with staff questions
* Ensuring S&W procedures are followed taking account of institute and HMRC guidance, where relevant
* Ensuring department KPIs are met around billing and recovery targets
Personal Development (Technical & Other):
* Reading; internal meetings; internal and external seminars and courses
* Acute awareness of what other parts of the firm can do, to encourage cross-referrals
What you'll need to succeed
* Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CA) and/or tax advisor (CTA)
* Significant corporate tax experience gained within the profession and or industry
* Technically capable tax adviser who is able to assist in complex client work
* Demonstrable experience of managing people and clients
* Appetite to develop business development skills to assist with the growth of the business
1 Client focus - ability to deliver consistently excellent client service
2 Commercial awareness - delivers value to client and team profitability
3 Teamwork - organises and supports others
4 Good communicator - both written and oral
5 Problem solving - positive attitude to solving problems and delivering outcomes
6 Enthusiastic and keen business developer
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available as well as other benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.