A rapidly growing, highly acquisitive FS group, are currently seeking a Group Tax Manager as they look to in-house their tax function. This is a newly created role that has come about due to the tax complexity within the group increasing and there being a need for a subject matter expect.
This role will be working closely alongside both the wider finance team and the external advisors and as the first tax hire you will be expected to take a “hands-on” approach with regards to all tax matters.
All compliance is outsourced to external advisors, with all compliance work in a review capacity. The successful individual will also have the opportunity to take the lead on future acquisitions, transfer pricing, system improvements/implementation and many more exciting advisory lead projects.
- Review and submission of UK corporate tax returns
- Manage corporate tax compliance and reporting, having total oversight of all group entities across all jurisdictions
- Ownership of VAT compliance for the group including; preparation of quarterly VAT returns, ensuring MTD for VAT compliance is maintained and managing PESM with HMRC
- Take the lead on all international tax work as the business continue to grow/expand
- Managing relationships with external advisors and tax authorities
- Continuous project work
- ACA/ACCA/CTA qualified ideally with a move in-house preferred
- FS experience beneficial
- Mixed tax experience across both Direct and Indirect and working knowledge of Employment Taxes
- Strong communication skills liaising with non-tax personnel
- A confident, autonomous mindset with strong technical skills and the readiness to take a “hands on” approach.
- Desire to eventually build out and lead a team
- Competitive salary
- Leading bonus scheme
- Fully remote work considered
- Opportunity to build your own tax team and be the key decision maker on all tax issues
- Usual wider benefits; life insurance, healthcare