Global insurance broker looking to recruit a Tax Compliance Reporting Manager (Lloyds Syndicates)
Your new role
The Tax Compliance Reporting Manager will assist the Senior Manager with all aspects of the groups European Tax Compliance and Reporting. This role is to provide a comprehensive direct tax, advisory and reporting service to the group.
Reporting to the Tax Compliance & Reporting Senior Manager, the successful candidate will assist in the preparation of all legal entity tax computations, financial reporting and co-ordination of European branch tax returns with third party advisers. The successful candidate will have good knowledge of UK corporation tax and accounting standards and be an effective communicator (both written and verbal).
When required they will assist other Senior Managers to propose tax accounting positions. The successful candidate will focus on UK & European tax compliance and reporting, however the group is expanding into Asia Pac, South and Central America and therefore the role will naturally expand to manage the tax compliance of those areas.
Key Responsibilities (not exhaustive):
The successful candidate will have a strong accounting background with a proven record of controlling;
* UK Corporation Tax Compliance (Lloyds syndicate)
* European Direct Tax Compliance
* Lloyds syndicate periodic returns/submissions
* Monthly, quarterly / year end US GAAP, UK, Spanish and Lux GAAP reporting
* Controlled Foreign Companies process
* Country by Country Reporting process
* P.A.Y.E. settlement agreements
* HMRC & Lloyds correspondence
* Tax payment processing / cash controls and forecasting
* Reconciliations and control of tax ledgers including proposing tax journals for all entities and branches
A strong knowledge of UK tax compliance, some European territories and Lloyds syndicate knowledge would be helpful. The successful candidate must be able to manage and coordinate our European stakeholders to deliver the groups European direct tax compliance on time.
They will be a calm, positive, proactive, a proven self-starter, able to motivate and to drive forward a clear vision, managing both internal and external stakeholders from the start through to completion. It is therefore essential that the successful candidate has a proven ability to balance multiple varied work streams. The successful candidate guided by their Senior Manager will work collaboratively with the Head of Tax, Head of Tax Compliance & Reporting and the Indirect Tax, Transfer Pricing and Tax Policy & Governance teams in various projects and tax reporting. This will include the preparation of quarterly tax reporting packs for Senior Executives.
Other Responsibilities Include (not exhaustive):
* Supporting the Tax Compliance and Reporting Senior Manager.
* Taking ownership of issues and delivering solutions.
* Documenting and managing tax correspondence with tax jurisdications.
* Assist with the development and documentation of the Tax Team's European compliance knowledge. Apply this knowledge to develop existing and create new tax and accounting processes.
* Manage direct tax compliance with an emphasis on the Lloyds syndicate. This includes but is not restricted to direct UK & European tax provisions; UK & European corporate income tax returns and supplement returns; periodic Lloyds submissions; tax cash payments and cash forecasting.
* Manage aspects of internal & external tax reporting requirements including but not restricted to FRS102, various European & US GAAP reporting of tax compliance positions; solvency II; management reporting.
* Assist in preparation of tax information for corporate planning and forecasting.
* Manage monthly and quarterly controls and reconciliations.
* Assist develop and strengthen group accounting governance and SAO requirements. Work collaboratively with your senior manager and the Tax Policy & Governance department to identify and address areas of challenge.
* Business Partnering to develop and strengthen the Tax Team's relationship with stakeholders; develop accounting deliverables; develop accounting team's knowledge of the groups tax positions; develop US tax team relationship.
* Identifying tax opportunities. This includes building and maintaining project momentum.
* Manage cash tax payments across the EU.
* Assist maintain and adhere to the groups Tax Strategy.
* Keep up to date with tax legislative developments across all taxes.
* Taking personal accountability and responsibility for getting things done. It includes a willingness to go beyond what is required in a given situation, overcome or avoid obstacles or barriers to achieve successful outcomes;
* The ability to align oneself with the needs, priorities and goals of the broader organisation. It involves exhibiting high professional standards in the face of rapid and unpredictable organisational and industry change and is demonstrated through objectivity, courage and fairness across all situations.
* Ensuring the adherence of individual and project deadlines;
* Respond to adhoc business queries;
* Assist with employer compliance issues as required.
What you'll need to succeed
Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
* Qualified ACA or CTA.
* Experience within Financial Services either in industry or a large accountancy firm preferable.
* Excellent team player, strong relationship skills and an ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
* Must be able to effectively build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Not afraid of challenging people or difficult conversations.
* Lloyds market experience preferable.
* Proven ability to plan and achieve deadlines.
* Good working knowledge of Thomson Reuters OneSource tax package.
* Strong UK tax compliance knowledge.
* Strong UK, FRS102 and US GAAP knowledge.
* Proven track record of delivering pragmatic solutions to internal stakeholders.
* Have a professional (or global blue chip) background with Financial Services experience.
* Working knowledge of Solvency II tax issues would be advantageous.
* Ability to learn and use a variety of accounting systems.
* Excellent admin and able to manage priorities.
* A second language helpful, but not essential.
* Good Microsoft and power point skills.
* A self-starter, with proven ability to assist implement new procedures and take ownership in delivering solutions.
* A willingness to travel would be advantageous.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.