Excellent opportunity to join a growing media entertainment group in a varied and challenging senior indirect tax role.
* Advising the business on the indirect tax implications of new commercial ventures and contracts, working closely as part of this with stakeholders across the business from the Commercial leads to Finance and Legal
* Supporting the Group Tax Director in tax advisory projects
* Reviewing the UK Group VAT Return & certain other indirect tax returns, and ensuring that ongoing indirect tax compliance filing/payment deadlines are met
* Managing indirect tax audits and other requests from local tax authorities
* Looking for opportunities for continuous process improvement and aspiring towards best practice where possible, in line with the group Tax Strategy
* Monitoring and assessing the potential impact of legislative changes on the business and its systems, e.g. the introduction of digital taxes and digital tax reporting obligations
* Managing the Global VAT Compliance Manager and VAT Analyst, and supporting their ongoing development within the business
* Working closely with the Finance Shared Service Centre function in Poland in respect of day-to-day matters which impact indirect taxes
* Delivering tax technical training to various groups across the business
* Managing relationships with external advisors
* Overseeing an Indirect Tax compliance and advisory budget
* ACA and/or CTA qualified with strong global indirect tax experience
* Experience of indirect tax in an in-house tax team for a large multinational and/or advising such businesses in a large accounting firm
* Experience of indirect tax compliance management
* Ability to communicate effectively across the business with non-tax people
* Experience of building relationships with external (or other) advisers and consultants
* A highly flexible and measured approach to handling a large workload in an environment with rapidly shifting priorities and unpredictable demands
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.