A thriving multinational media conglomerate is hiring two UK corporation tax managers to join their growing team on an FTC. With the role emphasising corporate tax compliance and reporting, this is a wonderful opportunity to contribute to exciting work within the media sector.
* Planning, monitoring and carrying out UK corporate tax compliance work including the preparation of UK corporation tax returns prior to their submission to HMRC.
* Planning data gathering processes and liaison with compliance data providers. Reviewing data quality and dealing with any deficiencies in the data received. Retrieving data from accounting systems as required.
* Administering Group Payment Arrangements and Simplified Arrangements for group relief.
* Preparing quarterly estimates of tax instalments.
* Preparing and submitting Corporate Interest Restriction returns.
* Preparing and submitting CbCR notifications.
* Assisting group companies with their Senior Accounting Officer requirements including reviewing and preparing reports in support of the SAO certificates. Collating and filing all SAO certificates with HMRC.
* Dealing with other ad-hoc company tax returns required.
Tax accounting and reporting
* Advice and assistance on completion of the tax related disclosures for the quarterly "C-pack" group reporting including review of individual companies' packs and consideration of the overall position of the UK group, including group relief.
* Consideration of the deferred tax position of each company under IFRS.
* Advice and assistance in connection with the preparation of UK statutory accounts including review of the tax related disclosures.
* Assistance in the preparation of quarterly tax review reports which analyse the effective tax rate of the group.
Tax audit defence
* Dealing with enquiries from HMRC in a timely and effective manner.
* Preparation for risk assessment meetings with HMRC to consider and agree the group's UK corporate tax position.
* Considering the audit trail from accounts to tax return and ensuring appropriate evidence exists to support the tax return.
The ideal candidate will be tax qualified and have corporate tax experience.