Excellent opportunity to join a well established practice with an excellent reputation in West Yorkshire
Your new company
An excellent opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual looking to join a highly reputable chartered accountancy practice to work in our expanding Tax team.
Your new role
The role will offer incredible exposure and fantastic progression prospects to develop your career. Joining as a Tax Manager, your role will involve the provision of tax compliance and advisory services to individuals while building trusted relationships with clients. Your primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients, this includes taking responsibility for and providing advice to clients across their compliance and advisory needs, based on the requirements of their business.
You will be responsible for:
* Building and maintaining key client relationships by delivering exceptional client service
* Acting as a key point of contact; internally, with clients and authorities
* Reviewing and approving personal tax computations and managing the compliance process
* Leading projects of limited scale and complexity such as tax planning.
* Creating solutions for clients on a range of tax matters including Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Inheritance Tax, etc as well as dealing with HMRC enquiries
* Researching legislation in relation to tax treatment of items in tax computations and also in relations to special projects and tax planning exercises
* Cross selling and assisting other departments to win new work by actively being involved in new proposals
* Assisting the tax partner
What you'll need to succeed
* ACA or CTA qualification and demonstrable post qualified experience
* Proven experience in tax working in a small, medium or large firm environment
* Must be able to demonstrate a broad and strong technical tax knowledge and also have the ability to deal with complex tax issues
* Confident in working with clients actively building relationships to become a trusted advisor
* Great organisation and problem-solving skills with a genuine interest and willingness to make a positive contribution
* Positive use of initiative
* Wide range of communication skills, across all platforms
* Flexible and proactive approach to work and the ability to work under pressure
What you'll get in return
* Opportunity to become part of a dynamic team.
* A competitive salary
* Great benefits package
* Flexible working
* Staff development programme
* Free parking
* Extra holiday(s) for long service
* Regular socials
* Involvement in charity events and fundraising
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.