Excellent opportunity to join an award winning practice
Your new company
A leading independent accountancy firm are recruiting for a VAT Manager to join their team in Leeds. This is an excellent opportunity to have a leading role within their VAT team
Your new role
* This role will involve working alongside the VAT Director in order to understand, devise and deliver bespoke Tax Consultancy advice and solutions to our clients, whilst meeting agreed KPI and fee targets.
* Supporting the existing team in delivering work to a rapidly increasing client portfolio
* Integrating themselves into the Yorkshire team to identify opportunities arising on existing, new and prospective clients
* Actively taking part in external business development and building their own portfolio
* Reviewing work of more junior team members (if experience allows)
* Creating thought leadership and publishing this through the appropriate channels
* Representing the firm at external seminars, marketing events and so on
What you'll need to succeed
* Focused and have a driven attitude to grow the service line
* Technically strong and have previous experience working in a similar role
* Commercial and be able to communicate effectively with clients and prospects
* Approachable and able to manage / help others in the team achieve success
* Able to achieve and have track record of business development success
* We would be looking for candidates to have a minimum of 4 years' experience in an advisory capacity. It would be preferable (but not essential) for candidates to also have a VAT / Tax specific qualification such as CTA.
What you'll get in return
In return for your hard work you will be will provided with a competitive salary and a positive benefits package which includes:
* 3.1% Employer Contribution Pension Scheme including Life Cover and Income Protection
* Enhanced Annual Leave which will increase throughout your length of service and option an Annual Leave Purchase Scheme allowing you to buy up to 5 additional days annual leave each year
* Flexible & Smart Working - giving you the ability to balance home-working, office location etc.
* Life Cover of 4x your salary
* Health Shield Cash Plan (provides cash back on a range of Health benefits and discounts on fashion, entertainment, holidays etc)
* Introductory Commission Scheme (financial reward if you refer a new client)
* Employee Assistance Programme (confidential support for emotional wellbeing)
* Employee Referral Scheme (financial reward if you refer new AW colleagues) of up to £2,500
* Detailed and thorough on-the-job training
* Reviews and appraisals with your management team to ensure regular communication and providing you with a platform to enhance your career
* In addition to all the benefits you would expect from an award winning employer, you will be given the utmost encouragement and support to develop your career further.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.