A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join an established and fast-growing Tax Enquiry Insurance and consultancy provider within their Tax Claims Department. The role includes assessing, authorising and providing guidance to accountancy clients in respect of claims made against our Tax Enquiry Insurance Policies. Such claims relate to fees incurred dealing with HMRC tax enquiries, VAT and/or PAYE Compliance Visits.
You must have experience and an understanding in respect of the preparation and submission of corporation & income tax returns and some working knowledge of PAYE and VAT gained through working in practice and / or with HMRC. Strong communication skills are a must. About the Role
• You will be the dedicated claims handling contact for a selection of accountancy firm clients.
• You will be accountancy clients first point of contact, providing them with telephone advice on Policy coverage and where required guidance on how best to handle HMRC enquiries.
• You will be responsible for reviewing and accepting new claims, increased fee authorisations and payments submitted through our claims’ portal within agreed SLAs.
• You will be required to review the amount of fees incurred against the work that will be
undertaken or required to deal with HMRC’s enquiries and against the Policy Terms & Conditions.
• You will also need the ability to understand HMRC’s approach to the enquiry and consider tactical advice that can be given to the accountant in this context.
• You will need the ability to manage claims in a way that protects the insurer, whilst taking a balanced, fair and commercial approach that maintains and strengthens the client relationships.
• You will have the opportunity to draft topical articles for client information streams.
• You will need to work in a collaborative fashion with our other claims handlers and tax / VAT consultancy teams.
• Tact, diplomacy, excellent oral and written skills are essential, as is a positive attitude.
• Training can be provided in respect of PAYE & VAT and so an in-depth knowledge here is not essential. Also, full training will be provided in respect of the insurance Policy and coverage.
In addition to your basic salary, there is a competitive benefits package including pension, death in service, 23 days holiday (increases with length of service to 26 days) and free car parking. The role also promotes working from home or hybrid working if preferred and we are therefore open to applicants from outside of the local commutable area (Leicester).
Part time working considered.