We are seeking a Local VAT expert to join the Global Tax Calculation Services team for a Fortune 500 group. The Global Tax Calculation Services Program is comprised of tax professionals that are responsible for providing end-to-end global transaction tax calculation solutions (sales and use taxes, value-added taxes, good and services taxes, and other consumption taxes).
Key job responsibilities
The individual in this role will work on VAT product taxability research, monitoring VAT rate legislation changes and latest rulings, providing technical advice to ensure the tax calculation platform is in continued compliance with both local VAT and global indirect tax laws. This position will work closely with local business partners and members of the tax department providing guidance and support to Global Product Classification.
This position will support internal and external audits on catalogue VAT rate and even if it is not directly involved in day to day compliance may be involved in projects that have a VAT compliance impact. The individual is expected to take ownership on end-to-end cross-functional tax-related projects and process improvements. The role requires fluent communication with Product Classification Specialists to provide support on their specific needs to be incorporated into the technical solutions.
* Supporting and maintaining local and global indirect tax rates content
* Providing support to the end-to-end global transaction tax calculation solutions for a broad array of products and services
* Supporting internal and external audits
* Providing technical advice on VAT rates applicable based on the research of tax laws, regulations and jurisdiction changes
* Supporting local business partners and tax department members with decisions on product taxability matters
* Participating in team operational excellence programs and process improvements
* Actively participate in selected projects throughout their life-cycle
* VAT experience with global consulting firm, tax law firm, in house or tax authority
* Bachelor's degree in tax, finance or accounting (or other related field)
* Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, fluency in applicable local language, excellent command of English, any other EU language is an advantage;
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.