Our client is a highly successful, well established and professional firm of chartered accountants, they are looking for an experienced Senior Tax Manager to join the team at their York office.
The role is full-time (although part-time would be considered) and you will be responsible for working on all tax activities including tax planning, tax compliance and preparation of business and personal tax returns.
• Manage and encourage the tax team and be responsible for developing the department and its commitment to customer service excellence.
• Manage and grow a portfolio of clients who will depend on your expertise and advice on taxation.
• Attract new clients and contribute to the success of the firm.
• Work alongside Client Managers and Directors to spot opportunities and flag any areas of risk for clients.
• Provide, advice, tax updates, training, and encourage a supportive environment within your team.
• Billing, fee quotes & renewals and review debtors and WIP.
• Managing workflow of team members.
• Responsible for reviews of personal and business taxation for clients.
• Get to know each client and their business so that you can add value with your tax expertise.
• Attend monthly Workflow/Manager meetings and Senior Managers meetings.
• ICAEW/CTA qualified.
• You will be confident when it comes to advising clients and seek to build long-term relations by understanding their business and adding value.
• You will have a track record as a team leader and enjoy managing, developing, and celebrating your team’s success.
• You will champion customer service excellence.
• You thrive in a busy environment and can deliver quality and accuracy in a timely manner.
• Competitive salary and pension.
• Flexible working hours.
• A fun, friendly and supportive environment.
• Generous holiday entitlement.
• Structured induction period and process.
• Career development plans and progression opportunities.
• Regular socials events.
An all round tax background dealing with owner managers and their businesses would be ideal. Mix of home and office working available but will require some days a week in the office in York.