Looking for something different? a chance to use your tax qualifications in a different way and to be able to work remotely? This professional institution seeks a Professional Standards Officer. It reports to the Head of Professional Standards you will be responsible for:
Assisting the Head of Professional Standards with Professional Standards policy and guidance work including Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) policies, Professional Rules and Practice Guidelines, Professional Conduct in relation to Taxation and engagement letters.
• Preparing statistics and papers for meetings
• Carrying out the CPD audit and PII checks
• Updating website material
• Carrying out research for and writing initial drafts of consultation responses
• Writing reports for Council and Committee meetings
• Clearing cases of non-compliance arising from the Annual return
• Answering member queries about professional standards matters
• Setting up and attending working party meetings
• Taking a share alongside other team members in attending technical Conferences and talks. This includes preparing presentations and handouts and delivering talks.
• Writing articles.
• Other support to the Team as required including dealing with Anti Money Laundering related matters
The role requires occasional visits to the Head Office, and occasional travel within the UK to support the AML visit programme and conferences.
This role would suit an organised individual with a good understanding of things like AML - perhaps you are in charge of engagement letters at your current firm? Any tax background considered - a professional qualification would be an advantage (ATT, CTA, ICAS, ACA or similar).