Our client is a fast growing boutique US/UK Private Client Tax Business in the City of London. The firm market themselves as providing unique tax advisory and compliance services to both individuals and companies.
Currently with circa 15 staff the firm now seeks to hire a dynamic US/UK Tax Manager who has been trained and gained experience with another UK based US/UK Tax firm. The opportunity will give the individual an accelerated career trajectory, limitless client contact and opportunities to build out your own division.
The work involves managing junior staff, being a key contact for clients and providing tax technical advice to the firms clients who are predominantly high net worth in nature.
• Review of various federal and state tax returns for expatriates including individual, estate and partnerships; preparation and review of UK individual tax returns and analysis of residency and computation of foreign tax credits.
• Ability to effectively manage a client portfolio of 50-80 clients with varying US/UK tax requirements
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, taxing agencies and financial institutions; ensure delivery of excellent client service.
• Advise US clients regarding various cross border issues including non-filing, expatriation, pension, estate planning, PFICs, residency and UK taxation of foreign income.
• Mentor, motivate, lead and train junior staff
• Research various technical tax issues relating to cross border clients including pensions, expatriation, foreign corporations and tax treaty claims.
This firm offers their new hire a Competitive Salary, Performance related bonuses, relocation allowance (If currently not based in London ) and the future opportunity of being a partner in the firm and having an equity stake in the business.