This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Tax Manager to join one of the UK's leading leisure groups. This role will be to provide tax compliance, reporting and advisory support to the business during a period of international growth. This is an interesting and varied tax role reporting to the Head of Tax.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Tax compliance and reporting
* Management of quarterly and annual global tax forecasting and reporting for the consolidated group. This will include significant interaction with senior stakeholders within the group, such as the CFO, Group Financial Controller, as well as external stakeholders such as the external Auditors;
* Primary responsibility for UK corporation tax compliance including preparation of returns, claims and elections, tax payments and corresponding with HMRC;
* Assistance with indirect tax returns and queries - prior experience would be an advantage, although full training will be provided.
* Country by country reporting;
* Identifying ways of reducing the Group's effective tax rate and corporate tax payments - including optimising claims for capital allowances, R&D tax credits and the use of losses in the most appropriate manner;
* Manage Senior Accounting Officer processes including testing and documentation.
Tax planning and management
* Involvement in M&A activity including helping with the integration of newly acquired businesses;
* Identify and inform business divisions of the implications and impact of changes to tax legislation;
* Assisting with the setting and monitoring of transfer pricing policies;
* Involvement with tax planning, employment tax issues & VAT matters.
Ad hoc tax advice
* Providing ad hoc tax advice to all the Group's business divisions in the UK and overseas;
* Assistance with group structuring.
* ACA, ACCA or CTA qualified;
* Strong accounting and tax background, including knowledge of IFRS;
* Experience of using Alphatax compliance software for year-end reporting and preparing corporation tax returns preferred;