Pure Search is working exclusively with one of the world's largest global travel groups, who are looking to hire a tax compliance specialist to join their team in Madrid.
Reporting to the Spanish tax lead, you will be responsible for both direct and indirect tax compliance for the company's Spanish entities, as well as:
* Ensure tax compliance for all taxes mainly in Spain including the preparation and submission of all relevant tax returns.
* Detect areas for improving the tax compliance processes.
* Monitor the tax compliance obligations for all Spanish entities.
* Support the Spanish tax team on tax proceedings and tax audits conducted by Spanish tax authorities.
* Manage the communications received by the Spanish tax authorities and submit the responses to the mentioned communications.
* Prepare the tax disclosures to Group Tax for reporting purposes.
* Process journals and payment requests for all Spanish taxes and entities.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
* Demonstrable experience (5 years or more) as a Tax compliance specialist with tax technical skills.
* Degree in Spanish Law and/or Economics/ADE.
* Proven background on Spanish tax compliance.
* Solid accounting and finance knowledge.
* Experience working with SAP systems
* A proactive approach to work in order to acquire knowledge and awareness of the business activities so that he/she can provide commercially focused tax support and tax assurance.
* Strong analytical and reasoning skills.
* Excellent judgement and the ability to make decisions dynamically and assess acceptable levels of business risks. Capable of making decisions in complex environments.
* Initiative and flexibility: the candidate should be able to look to do things better, faster and more efficiently. Should be able to adapt easily to changing environments.
For an informal discussion to learn more about this role, please apply online or alternatively get in touch with Callum McWhinnie at Pure Search.