Excellent opportunity for a Corporate or Mixed Tax Manager to join a thriving accountancy firm based in Central Manchester.
This firm prides itself on providing a service that is responsive, proactive, personally tailored and underpinned by solid technical expertise. They recognise that people are their biggest asset and this is something they promote and instil in their culture. They have grown quickly over the last four years and show no signs of stopping, in fact they plan to continue this growth in line with their vision of ‘becoming a challenger firm’ to top tier firms.
The Tax Manager role will form an integral part of the tax advisory team, reporting to a Tax Director. Clients are typically owner managed SMEs and cover a wide range of industries with a strong base in property and construction. The majority of the projects relate to corporate tax, but they do advise on all taxes including VAT, private client and employment tax.
Key responsibilities include:
• Management of client engagements from initial scope to final delivery with director oversight.
• Drafting and finalising tax analysis reports and steps plans. Providing analysis and exposure to relevant taxes at each stage of the transaction.
• Completing technical quality control for each engagement.
• Working alongside clients and their professional advisors to assist in the completion of the transaction within the required timescales.
• Undertaking research to identify risks/opportunities and keeping abreast of tax legislation and changes.
• Ability to identify tax risks/opportunities for the existing client base.
• Progressing and developing your own skills and knowledge in line with your agreed goals and objectives.
• At least 3 years’ experience working in a tax advisory role.
• A strong understanding of corporate taxes, including transaction and structuring engagements.
• Strong ability to research legislation and other guidance to provide accurate advice.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of tax and tax legislation across the board.
• High level of written and spoken communication skills particularly when articulating complex and technical tax issues to clients.
• Confident in dealing with clients at all levels either over the phone or face to face.
• Excellent time management skills and being able to deliver engagements under pressure to strict deadlines.
• CTA / ACCA / ACA desirable but those qualified by experience will also be considered.
• High level attention to detail and good organisation skills.
• Organised, analytical and methodical approach to work.
• Proactive and self-motivated.
• Good interpersonal skills; being friendly and tactful.
In return there are genuine career prospects here, with the potential to head up the tax department. The company is very flexible and there is the option to work from both home and office, or potentially even fully remote if that is of interest. As long as the core hours are met, you can work your day flexibly, either starting early or finishing late. There are 28 days holiday on offer plus your birthday and Christmas off.
With lovely offices located in the centre of Manchester, this is a great firm with a great culture, relaxed working environment and lots of socials.