U.S. Tax Opportunities, Big 4 Firm In Bermuda (U.S. Tax Senior, Manager & Senior Manager)
Bermuda offers a unique opportunity for those in U.S. tax to advance their international career. We’re partnering exclusively with a Big 4 firm to help them find a U.S. Tax Senior, Manager and Senior Manager.
Bermuda offers a unique blend of jurisdictional advantages, including its position as a major financial services hub coupled with a number of key lifestyle benefits (amazing climate, quick commutes, great expat community of like-minded young professionals) and is a short direct flight from a number of key U.S. hubs including New York, Boston, Atlanta, and Miami.
The US tax work involved is complex and interesting; the U.S. tax team provides U.S. tax services to the global FS sector including insurance companies, hedge/private equity funds & entities in the ILS sector.
Working closely with the Tax Director and Partner you will:
● Provide U.S. tax compliance and advisory services to corporations and/or partnerships operating in the global financial services sector including insurance companies, hedge/private equity funds, and/or entities operating in the insurance-linked securities (ILS) sector
● Oversee the preparation and/or review of tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740 for a diverse range of entities, from standalone captive insurance companies to large multinational SEC registrants
● Assist Bermuda-based entities in understanding and addressing an ever-evolving range of international tax provisions (e.g. CFC, PFIC, BEAT) as refined by the TCJA and subject to potential further revisions in 2021 (e.g. SHIELD, revisions to GILTI provisions, BEPS 2.0)
● Coordinate a diverse portfolio of tax clients and be responsible for delivering high-quality service and advice
● Manage a skilled, multi-disciplinary team of tax professionals responsible for engagement delivery and take an active role in the continuous development of staff
● Five years of relevant experience (preferably with a Big 4 firm) in the U.S. tax technical concepts relevant to (re)insurance companies, investment funds, foreign trusts, and/or corporate executives and other high net worth individuals;
● CPA designation or Enrolled Agent qualification is required;
● Master’s degree in accounting or Taxation is preferred;
This presents a fantastic opportunity to gain international experience and grow professionally whilst in an exciting location. Full relocation assistance and a competitive salary are on offer.
Combined with its stability and convenient location, Bermuda’s continued relevance in an era of change can be attributed to the same fundamental principles that have underpinned its development as a blue-chip jurisdiction for the last 70 years.
For more information on this opportunity, take a look at the PDF below and get in touch.