What will you do?
This is a high profile, cross cutting project to drive forward a strategic review of the tax administration framework in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
The role requires close collaboration with a range of external stakeholders, including representatives of taxpayers and tax professionals, Ministers and policy partners in HM Treasury, and internal stakeholders from across HMRC.
We’re looking for a Policy Professional with a track record of successfully delivering complex strategic policy and who can demonstrate high level policy skills.
How will you add value to the role?
● Proven ability to think strategically and align outcomes to strategic ambitions
● A strong track record of delivering complex strategic policy work to high quality standards
● Excellent stakeholder management collaboration and communication skills
● Resilient under pressure and able to work effectively in a complex and fast-moving environment
● Strong track record of providing visible leadership
● Proven ability to develop motivated, engaged and high performing teams
● Tax Professional with a good working knowledge of a range of tax regimes
What will you be part of?
In the Tax Administration Directorate, we are responsible for the legislation, policy and guidance that enables the effective administration of all the taxes and benefits for which HMRC is responsible.
We play a crucial role in ensuring that the taxes administered by HMRC can be collected fairly, effectively and efficiently. In our team of over 300 people there is a rich seam of professional skills and knowledge.
We liaise closely with colleagues in all business areas of HMRC and HM Treasury. We seek and act upon the views and feedback of internal and external stakeholders and are key players in large transformational projects including the Tax Administration Strategy and Making Tax Digital.
What’s in it for you?
As a Directorate we are committed to creating a great place to work for all; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve. We want to maximise potential and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this challenging and exciting role.
We are one of the country’s largest employers, with around 60,000 people working across the UK.
Whatever your role, you’ll be amongst people with an incredible range of skills and experience.
We’re committed to providing everyone with an employee experience that makes you feel connected to your work, your colleagues and your workplace, and feel proud to be a part of our mission.
Key benefits include:
● Base salary of £71K dependent upon experience
● 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service
● Additional ones paid leave commemorating the Queen’s Birthday
● Civil Service pension - highly competitive contributory scheme
● Flexible working schemes, including part- time or term-time working
● Generous paid maternity / paternity leave (notably higher than the statutory minimum)