Tilney Smith & Williamson’s personal wealth management services include financial planning, investment management and advice, online execution-only investing and personal tax advice. For businesses, its range of services include assurance and accounting, business tax advice, employee benefits, forensic advice, fund administration, recovery and restructuring, as well as corporate finance and transaction services.
Our London office, based in the City, provides leading edge advice to private clients, professional practices, mid to large corporates and nonprofit organisations.
From the London office we provide the full range of our services: business advisory services, corporate finance, corporate recovery, corporate tax, forensic services and litigation support, investment management, pensions and financial planning and advice on personal tax and trusts.
We provide a wide range of tax and consulting services to a broad range of companies, from quoted multinational groups to owner managed businesses.
Through establishing close relationships with our clients, we ensure that we are able to deliver the most comprehensive business tax advice, and also ensure we are aware of the key opportunities and risks faced by our clients.
Purpose of Role:
This role will provide tax compliance and advisory services for a wide range of business clients.
The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients and managing more junior members of staff as necessary.
You will also provide assistance to Directors/Partners in both client work and in the management of the group. You will actively be involved in and look to seek out working on special assignments and advisory projects where appropriate.
A key part of the role requires the individual to actively seek, and keep the Partner informed, about any new business opportunities arising at existing and new clients, in order to grow the client portfolio.
• Undertake consultancy work
• Manage portfolio of complex advisory and compliance cases
• Give exceptional client service and be responsible for maintaining regular contact with client team
• Technically strong
• Ability to get involved in variety of business tax work (e.g. international tax matters, R&D tax credits, awareness of VAT and employment tax aspects)
Staff Management and development
• Liaison with Partners, demonstrating strong management skills
• Appraisals/monitor staff performance
• On the job training for junior staff on a one-to-one basis
• Dealing with staff questions
• Ensuring S&W procedures are followed taking account of institute and HMRC guidance, where relevant
• Ensuring department KPIs are met around billing and recovery targets
Personal Development (Technical & Other)
• Reading; internal meetings; internal and external seminars and courses
• Acute awareness of what other parts of the firm can do, to encourage cross-referrals
• Actively involved in business development activities/raising firm’s and individual profile as appropriate
1. Client focus – ability to deliver consistently excellent client service.
2. Commercial awareness - delivers value to client and team profitability.
3. Teamwork - organises and supports others.
4. Good communicator - both written and oral.
5. Problem solving - positive attitude to solving problems and delivering outcomes.
6. Enthusiastic and keen business developer
• Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CA) and/or tax advisor (CTA) or qualified by experience
• Significant corporate tax experience gained within the profession and or industry
• Technically capable tax adviser who is able to assist in complex client work
• Demonstrable experience of managing people and clients
• Existing business development skills and appetite to grow business