Tilney Smith & Williamson’s personal wealth management services include financial planning, investment management and advice, online execution-only investing and personal tax advice. For businesses, its range of services include assurance and accounting, business tax advice, employee benefits, forensic advice, fund administration, recovery and restructuring, as well as corporate finance and transaction services.
We provide a wide range of tax and consulting services to a broad range of companies, from quoted multinational groups to owner managed businesses.
Through establishing close relationships with our clients, we ensure that we are able to deliver the most comprehensive business tax advice, and also ensure we are aware of the key opportunities and risks faced by our clients.
Purpose of role:
As a Trainee you will be part of the delivery team on tax advisory and tax compliance services to a wide range of OMBs.
1. Client work including:
• Drafting tax clearances and tax reports
• Technical research
• Prepare business tax computations/tax returns
• Prepare election control sheets and client review sheets
• Review Alphatax/Taxpoint lists to ensure all relevant prompts are cleared and deadlines met
• Contribute at client meetings
• Deals with HMRC correspondence including responding to enquiries
• Prepare billing analyses and draft fee notes
2. Training and development
• Attend internal training sessions
3. Assisting other staff members
• Provide support to other staff members and partners on chargeable and non-chargeable work when required
• Ensuring relevant client deadlines are met
• Ensuring S&W procedures are adhered to
• Involvement in some departmental administrative tasks
1. Planning and Organising
• Must be able to plan workload in order to prioritise work to meet conflicting deadlines and cope with pressure.
2. Written and Oral communication
• Good written communication skills are necessary to draft correspondence with clients and HMRC to explain technical issues in an easily understandable manner.
• Must have good inter-personal skills to be able to liaise with clients and other staff members.
3. Customer Focus
• Meeting deadlines and responding to client needs.
4. Team work
• Provide link in chain to supervise staff members below and support Directors above.
5. Maintain Technical Expertise
• Part-qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CA) and/or tax advisor (ATT/ CTA)
• Corporate tax experience gained within the profession and or industry
• Technically capable tax adviser who is able to assist in complex client work
• Demonstrable experience of managing people
• Appetite to grow business development skills
• Strong IT skills