This role forms part of the businesses response to tax digitisation challenges across all regions and tax types (direct and indirect) and part of delivering the step change required to ensure the tax function remains in line with its peer group and the changing external environment. The EMEA Tax Director role leads and coordinates tax activities, ensuring the right advice to the business and tax authority stakeholders; ensuring timely delivery of tax related projects monitoring tax related opportunities.
* Agree and deliver for assigned markets, the businesses cash tax and Effective Tax Rate forecasts in line with commercial and operational objectives.
* Lead, plan and coordinate all tax related activities for the area of responsibility e.g. tax controversy, tax compliance, identify and deliver risk mitigation tax projects, and proactively support the business to deliver their strategic objectives.
* Contribute to the overall Group Tax strategy through the delivery and implementation of tax strategies and policies.
* Lead internal senior stakeholder engagement and maintain a positive relationship with external stakeholders, including tax authorities and advisors.
* Promptly identify and manage emerging tax risks or opportunities arising from operational change and new tax rules.
* Lead, drive and facilitate the implementation and improvement of the target operating model for Finance, including a focus on standardisation and simplification.