Life Tax Manager
Up to £90,000 + up to 25% bonus + PMI + benefits package
Stratford upon Avon (CV37)
• Manage tax affairs across the business
• Hybrid role, up to 80% homeworking options available
• Opportunity for someone who thrives on complex tax affairs
About the role
A great opportunity for an experienced Tax Manager to join the team at NFU Mutual. Due to the complexity of our tax affairs and a recent new structure, we are looking to add to our existing team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a tax manager with extensive experience who wants to take on the ownership of tax management for an established and award-winning organisation.
Although the immediate team is small, you will work across tax related professionals within the various business areas.
You will provide overall assessment of corporate tax provisions and tax payments reflecting the activities across the NFU Mutual Group including Insurance, Financial Services and Investment Management businesses. In addition, ensure compliance across all Taxation Regulatory and Reporting requirements.
The role brings Tax Risk and Exposure Management across the Group's activities, including UK wide sales distribution, international investment and properties activities.
You will provide tax guidance with the role bringing great exposure to senior managers across the business. The role also involves working closely with external Tax Advisors and specialist legal firms for tax advice. In addition, great stakeholder management, including HMRC. Our total contribution to HMRC in 2022 amounted to £348 million to give you an insight to our tax affairs and figures you will be working with.
This role is based in our Tiddington Head Office, just outside Stratford-Upon-Avon. However, we understand how important a positive work-life balance is, so to help you give your best, we offer great facilities when you want to be in an office environment and support to work up to 80% of your hours from home.
You will be an experienced Tax professional who has experience of dealing with complex tax affairs and ideally from the Insurance or Finance sector. You’ll enjoy working as part of a small team but with the ability to influence and work closely with stakeholders. You’ll also have great leadership skills as this role also brings line management responsibilities. We welcome applications from tax professionals with either direct or indirect tax experience.
To join our team, you must also have:
• An appropriate level of professional or technical qualification e.g., Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), including Professional Tax qualifications
• Experience of working in the Financial Services Sector, with a specific knowledge of life insurance taxation.
• Experience of working with and having specific knowledge of direct and indirect taxes.
• Experience of effectively communicating and explaining complex technical issues to financial and non-financial stakeholders.
• Experience of managing HMRC relationships for various corporate taxes (e.g. corporation tax, VAT).
Benefits and Rewards
When you join our team, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits including:
• Salary of up to £90,000
• Annual bonus (up to 25% of salary)
• Contributory pension scheme, up to 20%, including your 8% contribution
• 28 days annual leave + bank holidays + buy/sell/save holiday trading scheme
• A Family Friendly policy that helps you balance your work and family responsibilities
• Private medical insurance + options to add family members
• Access to savings at High Street brands, travel and supermarkets
• £20 contribution to a monthly gym membership – subject to T&Cs
• Health and wellbeing plan - cashback for dentist, opticians, physio and more
• Employee Volunteering - volunteer in the community for one day each year
• Unlimited access to Refer a Friend £500 bonus scheme
• Life Assurance cover of 4 x salary
• Employee discounts of 15% on a range of NFU Mutual insurance policies
Working at NFU Mutual
We’re one of the UK’s leading general insurance and financial services companies and proud to be Which? Insurance Brand of the Year 2023. For over 110 years we’ve put our customers at the heart of everything we do. Our people are just as important to us. We pride ourselves on being “a great place to work” and are one of only 39 companies across the globe, and the only organisation with headquarters in the UK, to receive a Gallup Exceptional Workplace 2023 award. We were also named in the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies List 2021 and the Glassdoor Best 50 Workplaces List 2023.
We offer a supportive culture where we empower and inspire our people to perform, offer them opportunities to grow, and recognise and reward their contribution. Our people are proud to work for a company that respects them and their communities, and they trust us to be financially sustainable, so we are successful now and in the future.
Closing date for applications: 14th August 2023.