Life Tax Manager
Up to £90,000 + Up to 25% Annual Bonus & Benefits
Stratford upon Avon
• Manage complex tax affairs across UK-wide business
• Opportunity to work with Which? Insurance Brand of the Year 2023
• Hybrid up to 80% homeworking options available
About the role
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Tax Manager to join NFU Mutual, where you’ll be responsible for Tax Risk and Exposure Management across the Group, which includes UK-wide sales distribution, international investment and properties activities.
As Tax Manager, you’ll provide overall assessment of corporate tax provisions and tax payments that reflect the activities across the Group, including Insurance, Financial Services and Investment Management businesses. You’ll also ensure compliance across all Taxation Regulatory and Reporting requirements.
Although your immediate team is small, you’ll have great exposure to senior managers and tax-related professionals across various areas of our business. As well as managing external stakeholders, including HMRC and Tax Advisors, you’ll also work closely with specialist legal firms for tax advice. With our total contribution to HMRC in 2022 at £348 million, you’ll provide tax guidance for complex tax affairs within an established organisation, where we’re proud to be named as Which? Insurance Brand of the Year 2023.
This role is based in our Tiddington Head Office, just outside Stratford-Upon-Avon. However, we understand how important a positive work-life balance is, so to help you give your best, we offer great facilities when you want to be in an office environment and support to work up to 80% of your hours from home.
You’ll have solid Tax experience of dealing with complex tax affairs, ideally within the Insurance or Finance sector or be able to demonstrate extensive technical corporate tax knowledge. You’ll have the capability to understand complex tax with the ability to translate this. You’ll thrive on our complex tax affairs with confidence. You enjoy working as part of a small team but readily able to influence and work very closely with both internal and external stakeholders such as HMRC, Auditors and Advisors. You’ll also have excellent verbal, communication skills with great leadership skills and will confidently embrace line management responsibilities.
To join our team, you must also have:
• A professional or technical qualification, such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), including Professional Tax qualifications.
• Experience of working in the Financial Services Sector, with a specific knowledge of life insurance taxation.
• Experience of working with and having specific knowledge of direct and indirect taxes.
• Ability to effectively communicate and explain complex technical issues to financial and non-financial stakeholders.
• Experience of managing HMRC relationships for various corporate taxes, for example, corporation tax or VAT.
Benefits and Rewards
When you join our team, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits including:
• Salary of up to £90,000
• Annual bonus (up to 25% of salary)
• Contributory pension scheme, up to 20%, including your 8% contribution
• 28 days annual leave + bank holidays + buy/sell/save holiday trading scheme
• A Family Friendly policy that helps you balance your work and family responsibilities
• Private medical insurance + options to add family members
• Access to savings at High Street brands, travel and supermarkets
• £20 contribution to a monthly gym membership – subject to T&Cs
• Health and wellbeing plan - cashback for dentist, opticians, physio and more
• Employee Volunteering - volunteer in the community for one day each year
• Unlimited access to Refer a Friend £500 bonus scheme
• Life Assurance cover of 4 x salary
• Employee discounts of 15% on a range of NFU Mutual insurance policies.
Working at NFU Mutual
We’re one of the UK’s leading general insurance and financial services companies and proud to be Which? Insurance Brand of the Year 2023. For over 110 years we’ve put our customers at the heart of everything we do. Our people are just as important to us. We pride ourselves on being “a great place to work” and are one of only 39 companies across the globe, and the only organisation with headquarters in the UK, to receive a Gallup Exceptional Workplace 2023 award. We were also named in the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies List 2021 and the Glassdoor Best 50 Workplaces List 2023.
We offer a supportive culture where we empower and inspire our people to perform, offer them opportunities to grow, and recognise and reward their contribution. Our people are proud to work for a company that respects them and their communities, and they trust us to be financially sustainable, so we are successful now and in the future.
Closing date for applications: 6th November 2023.