Fast growing, highly profitable, commercial law firm seeks a tax lawyer to join their team. It is likely that you be either a newly qualified who has completed a seat in tax during your articles or a someone with c 1 to 2 years' PQE. This is an opportunity to join a highly-rated corporate tax team and to work in a highly professional, supportive and dynamic group. The corporate tax team forms part of the company commercial group, one of the main lawyer groups within the firm.
This new Associate position exists for a technically strong, personable and ambitious lawyer who has experience handling a wide range of matters and undertaking a broad range of work.
The successful candidate will work closely with senior members of the department including partners, whilst liaising with other teams and advising on all taxation aspects of a transaction, both domestic and international. They will focus on mitigating liabilities and maximising allowances, providing tax support on corporate transactions and helping to design and implement equity incentive schemes for our clients.
You may currently work for a City firm and be looking for a role closer to home (this practice can accommodate a mix of office and remote working) or you may work for a National firm and be looking for a position with good prospects.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a qualified solicitor from NQ–2 years’ PQE who has trained with a leading City, National or Regional firm.
• Have at least six months’ experience gained within a dedicated corporate tax team.
• Possess a strong background in corporate tax, with experience of tax support for M&A transactions.
• Have achieved a strong academic record with at least a 2:1 at degree level.
• Be a team player with first class client care and communication skills across all levels.
• Possess meticulous attention to detail and a high level of numeracy.
Finally will be driven, dedicated and seeking to further their career in a leading team.