Great in-house opportunity for an indirect tax professional. Based in the Warrington office this in-house position sits in the heart of the finance team and involves managing the day to day running of VAT and indirect tax for the UK and Ireland. Reporting to the Head of Tax this position would suit an experienced manager or a senior manager. SAP skills and tax reporting experience an advantage. Day to day your role will include:
• Building a business partner style relationship with contacts in the business in order to become the main point of contact for all indirect VAT queries, for example with regards to unusual/one off transactions and cross border arrangements.
• Provide input to the business on the implications and requirements of the Construction Industry Domestic Reverse Charge and work with the business on the development and implementation of software solutions to reduce the administrative burden of complying with the relevant legislation and guidance.
• Develop processes and associated guidance and training for the business covering the implications of cross border transactions post-Brexit
• Keeping abreast of changes in legislation, case law and practice and briefing the Head of Tax on any impact on the business and its processes, including liaising with professional advisors where required.
• Due diligence work for potential acquisitions
• Review and submit quarterly UK VAT returns and bi-monthly Irish VAT returns
• Monthly/quarterly EC sales lists and Intrastat declarations in the UK and Republic of Ireland
• Monthly Registered Dealers in Controlled Oils returns and complying with registration requirements
• Control over import VAT recovery and TSS supplementary disclosures
• Management of the group VAT registration to allow for joiners and leavers
• Working with software developers and UK finance team on integration of MTD solution and ensure it is phase 2 compliant
This role would suit someone who enjoys being embedded in a large business, who will lead the relationship with HMRC on indirect tax work and be first point of call for the business on all queries.