Assistant Manager - International Indirect Tax Advisory
Each one of us brings something different to Vistra, working as one team to deliver the right solution.That’s why our clients choose to work with us – the power of our combined skills makes us unstoppable.Vistra offers a unique platform for our clients and our people to seize the world of opportunities. At the heart of everything we do are our core values: Committing to clients, Working as ONE Vistra, Empowering people and Doing the Right thing.
Vistra is currently looking to recruit an Assistant Manager, International Indirect Tax advisory, to provide international Indirect Tax advisory services offered by Vistra to its clients. As a Manager you will also be required to identify, communicate and advise on opportunities and risks which are applicable to Vistra’s client portfolio.
This is a genuine International Tax Advisory role – no compliance – providing genuine multi-country exposure across a wide variety of organisations (from high growth to established MNGs) and a strong focus on providing practical tax solutions.
● The position is an advisory role in which international indirect tax guidance and information is delivered to clients in order for them to manage their transactions and business operations in an efficient and compliant manner from an indirect tax perspective
● Provide specialist advice on the full range of Indirect Tax issues to internal and external clients.
● Assist the Director of Indirect Tax in identifying Indirect Tax services offerings and opportunities and work with internal resources to promote such offerings to existing and prospective clients.
● To attend meetings and conference calls with clients and prospective clients in order to discuss potentially complex technical areas of indirect tax, or to promote the services of the Indirect Tax function at Vistra.
● Liaise with internal and external client resources to effectively handover to the Indirect Tax Compliance team any positions that they would need to be aware of in order to complete the Indirect Tax returns for clients in the appropriate way.
● Act as first point of contact for a number of specified key client accounts, in relation to Indirect Taxes, in order to support the rest of the business in delivering world class services to Vistra’s clients.
● Develop internal and external client relationships in order to leverage further service opportunities and to further enhance the international reputation of Vistra’s Indirect Tax team.
● Support the Director in identifying and communicating relevant changes in legislation and policy which will impact Vistra’s clients from an Indirect Tax perspective, through team meetings and marketing tools such as blogs and webinars
● A strong working knowledge of the full range of Indirect Tax matters that impact clients which are expanding internationally.
● The ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of current Indirect Tax issues and how such issues apply to clients in the context of their business.
● The ability to deliver high quality advice which meet and exceed client expectation and to ensure such advice is provided within the agreed time frame
● An ability to effectively prioritise tasks in order to meet the needs of the client and the needs of the business whilst maintaining an attention to detail and a flexible approach.
● Knowledge of ERP and finance systems would be beneficial as well as some basic accounting knowledge.
● A basic knowledge of concepts such as transfer pricing and permanent establishment would be beneficial.
● The ability to liaise with tax authorities directly and indirectly in order to affect efficient and positive outcomes for Vistra’s clients
● A flexible and dynamic approach to operating effectively within a fast paced client service environment.
● A CTA or AIIT qualification is desirable although not essential depending on experience.
● Strong track record of advising on technical Indirect Tax matters in a client based environment.
● Knowledge of Indirect Tax on an international basis is preferred although not essential.
● Good MS Office skills
● Knowledge of ERP and finance systems would be beneficial
We are currently welcoming applications from candidates at all levels, with a range of suitable skills and experience. Flexible/remote working 5 days a week will be considered, with the need to come into the office as and when required for critical meetings (est. once or twice per month)
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We’re passionate about Diversity and Inclusion at Vistra.We believe that everyone is equal and unique, and by embracing diversity it makes us better company.This creates an environment where anyone, from any background, can do their best work; Vistra is for the ambitious, the entrepreneurial, the bold.