This is a brilliant role within a growing eCommerce giant. The role is a de facto PA to the Global Head of Indirect Tax, shadowing them and acting on their behalf in an Advisory capacity. You will provide practical, commercial advice to the commercial teams, e.g. Business Development, Account Managers, and Partner Service to support them in discussions with the key clients of the business, who use its marketplace to sell their goods globally.
The chief duties of the role are as follows:
● Work with the Group Head of Indirect Tax on communication to commercial teams on VAT matters
● Act as a conduit between the commercial/sales teams and the VAT Technical/Compliance teams.
● Create a framework for communication and exchange of information as to keep the commercial team aware of changes and issues as required
● Provide VAT technical support and prepare draft replies on complex VAT matters for non-tax stakeholders
● Ensure that all relevant, global VAT risks facing the group are flagged to the wider indirect tax team
This is a role that will suit someone with a solid training in VAT/Indirect Tax (as proven by a professional qualification), but looking for a less delivery/compliance based role.