Advisory, compliance and projects in a leading FS organisation
Our client is a leading FS organisation, with a friendly tax team. We are engaged to appoint a VAT manager to come in as maternity cover for 12 months. This role will cover advisory, compliance, some projects and also some training, and will be a hands on role.
* Assist the Senior European VAT Manager in the oversight of VAT compliance and to provide advice on Indirect Tax matters across EMEA
* Monitor changes and update on any relevant legislative changes
* Manage the PESM for the organisation
* Ensure that procedures are in line with requirements for SAO and that risks and controls are regularly updated and documented
* Provide support and guidance and technical training to other parts of the organisation
* Provide input and review to the new ERP Tax Engine decisions
* Liaise with HMRC for any VAT audits or queries
* Due diligence for any acquisitions
* In light of Brexit, review any changes required
* Ideally a qualified accountant or VAT specialist, 5 years PQE. Experience in the Financial Services sector great but not essential
* Good knowledge of UK VAT legislation and HMRC practice required along with basic knowledge of European VAT legislation.
* Good IT skills (Excel essential). Knowledge of Oracle/EBTax (or other indirect tax engine) beneficial but not essential
12 months maternity cover. Up to £80,000 + bonus. London - part flexible working