Work for a global e-commerce as their lead Customs expert.
Our client is a global fashion retailer, selling into 180 countries worldwide. Due to increased investment in their German operations, they are looking to hire Tax & Customs Manager. The role will act as the subject matter expert on all relevant tax and customs issues across the Group's EU operations, as well as being the lead Tax expert within Germany. There will be an emphasis on business partnering, optimising process and controls, and championing Tax within the business.
* Managing the Customs function in their German fulfilment centre in relation to a wide range of Customs projects, issues and opportunities arising within the EU.
* Support the process of obtaining Customs Warehousing Authorisation for the German fulfilment centre
* Ensure accurate Customs Tax reporting & compliance processes.
* Build effective relationships with 3rd party suppliers and other retailers.
* Act as the Customs Representative in Germany, building strong relationships with German Customs.
* Work with regional and global stakeholders on Tax and Customs Duty initiatives.
* Act as a proactive member of the Tax team, providing ad hoc support where required.
In order to succeed in this challenging role, it is expected that you will have:
* Minimum 4+ years experience in Customs Duty, though more senior candidates will also be suitable.
* Excellent communication skills and strong commercial decision making.
* German language skills are essential.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion on +44 7557231550