Advisory role with a leading e-commerce organisation. Interim or Permanent.
Our client is a well recognised Fortune 500 e-commerce organisation with a high calibre tax function. As market activity picks up, there is an increasing demand for specialist indirect tax knowledge, leading to a newly created Manger/Senior Manager role. This role will focus on mainly advisory responsibilities, requiring a highly technical and flexible individual. Ideally the right candidate will have relevant experience in a multinational or professional organisation or practice.
* Advise business units to VAT issues, ensuring tax risk is managed appropriately for all transactions.
* Provide expertise to business units regarding VAT issues.
* Contribute ideas to the VAT/Indirect Tax strategy of the wider group.
* Review business unit and group level VAT returns.
* Identify and implement VAT process/system improvements where possible.
* Provide ad hoc support to other tax team members where required
* Have skills and knowledge around: cross border supplies; e-commerce and digital services
* Be comfortable directly liaising with various business teams within the company to get a deeper understanding of the business vision and model to help implement change and potential tax requirements.
* Review international policy decisions and support recommendations as necessary.
In order to succeed in this challenging role, it is expected that you will have:
* 7 - 10 years indirect tax experience in a similar or equivalent business.
* Excellent technical ability in VAT.
* Experience in policy work preferred, but not essential.
* Strong communication and written skills and the ability to work well in a team.
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand process and systems.
* Quick learner with a positive attitude and solid professionalism.
* Ability to work with and communicate to all levels of management.
The next step
Please contact Rebecca McKerral for a confidential discussion on +44 7920 759470