Real Estate Tax Manager
Due to growth, this globally recognised financial services firm are looking to add a Real Estate Tax Manager to their already impressive team. Essentially you will be working closely with the Fund and Finance Business Partners where you will take ownership of non-resident capital gains tax compliance, be responsible for the completion and filing of UK corporation tax and oversee the VAT compliance process.
- Responsible for the completion and filing of UK corporation tax and partnership tax returns.
- Providing regular tax updates to the Real Assets team and wider tax team regarding property tax legislation developments impacting the business.
- Overseeing the VAT compliance process completed by the Fund Accountants for the Real Assets Funds, and managing adhoc Real Assets VAT compliance projects with technical input from the Divisional Head.
- Identify opportunities for capital allowances within the Real Assets funds and identify areas in the current capital allowances process that can be streamlined.
- Ensure that appropriate risk management controls / procedures are in place to manage all property tax compliance risks.
- Ensuring compliance and relevant filings for direct tax, withholding tax, FATCA, construction industry scheme and ATED.
- Taking ownership of non-resident capital gains tax compliance and where appropriate managing the outsourcing.
- Provide support where needed on various fund structuring tasks.
- Support Property Business Development team on new product launches.
- Professional Accounting and/or Taxation qualification.
- Experience in preparing and submitting corporation and income tax compliance with a good understanding of tax accounting for real estate entities and transactions.
- Experience either within a Top 10 professional services firm or within an in-house team focusing on Real Estate.
- Knowledge of non-resident capital gains tax.
- Knowledge of the tax aspects of IFRS.
- Team player.
- Desire to challenge yourself and push outside the comfort zone.
- Strong people skills with an ability to develop.
- Highly analytical with strong communication and organisational skills.
Please apply and/or get in touch with Kieran Moon to discuss further.