The role will be responsible for supporting the Senior Tax Managers in the group tax team - implementing key tax projects and initiatives, managing the compliance obligations of the group and supporting in delivering the overall objectives of the tax team.
This will be a broad role, working on both compliance and forecasting for a major listed group, but also supporting on implementing major projects and initiatives, and where needed on M&A activity and restructuring.
The role will help drive partnering with the wider business and overseas markets to ensure that tax is at the table for key commercial discussions and that the business is well supported on tax issues.
Key responsibilities include:
* Work with international markets to deliver the full year and mid-year group reporting
* Forecast the group Effective Tax Rate, and support decision making through modelling the impact of business change and risks/opportunities arising
* Support the Senior Tax Managers on key projects and initiatives
* Manage UK compliance work
* Improving processes to streamline and reduce risk
* Build links with and support international markets
* Run key projects to deliver the objectives of the tax team
* Partner with the business to ensure that tax concerns are factored in to commercial decision making and that business initiatives are well supported from a tax perspective
* Help maintain and develop the group's relationship with HMRC and other tax authorities worldwide
This is a high-profile role within the business, reporting directly to Senior Tax Managers in the Group Tax Team, where the successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively across the business with non-tax people.