A leading brokerage group based in the City of London are looking to hire an Indirect Tax Manager. This is a newly created role that has arisen due to the constant expansion of the business and growing tax implications that come with this. This position will report into the Group Head of Tax and will encompass a variety of VAT responsibilities. As a partially exempt business, applicants must have experience of PESM and either have worked in financial services or an FS team in practice.
Key responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Assessing the group’s PESM and implementation of PESM for two recently acquired business units. Advise on VAT positions for newly acquired businesses (the business is growing rapidly inorganically).
- Planning and examining the group’s VAT position across Europe and complying with the legal implications that will come with BREXIT.
- Modelling best practice when it comes to GST filing requirements in Asia and the USA.
- Ownership of outsourced VAT compliance
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA or qualified by experience in Industry or HMRC
- Experience in working in the financial services, working experience of PESM advantageous.
- Ability to be able to adapt and develop your skills in VAT and apply them to the group.
- Communication skills within the team but also with others in different departments.
- Experience of advisory projects is essential