A newly created Group Tax and Treasury Manager for this FTSE listed Plc Media group.
Our client is an integrated Media group covering a wide range of digital, interactive and more traditional print formats. They have a rich history and own some well extremely well known titles in entertainment and news.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller you will have the following responsibilities:
* Prepare and file all UK corporation tax computations and returns, using Alphatax.
* Prepare tax figures and disclosures for inclusion in the Group consolidated and Group companies' statutory accounts and other financial documents.
* Responsible for Group quarterly corporation tax payment on account.
* Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes.
* Liaise with external advisors providing support on capital allowances and R&D tax relief claims.
* Assist with all HMRC enquiries and become a key contact for HMRC.·Review and approval of VAT returns.
* Keep up to date with current tax issues, ensuring Group remains compliant in all areas.
* Work with other departments and project teams around the business as required to ensure tax considerations and requirements are met.
* Working with external advisors on potential M&A to assess tax risks.
* Ensuring the Group meets and maintains all compliance requirements across corporation and indirect tax.
* Managing the group effective tax rate, reviewing, proposing and implementing tax planning opportunities to reduce corporate tax rate, minimise indirect taxes and reduce risk to the Group.
* Lead on all tax related projects.
* Assist with the Cashflow Forecasting, both short and long-term planning, working with AR and AP teams.
* Assist with all Banking/Partner requests, including opening of Bank Accounts.
* Support the Group with the management of working capital.
Ideally you will be a Tax qualified profressional having trained with a recognised firm before moving in house. However, good candidates looking for their first move from the profession will be considered also. Experience of some Treasury will be useful but not essential as well.
Up £75,000 base plus an excellent benefits package.