INTERNATIONAL TAX DIRECTOR
Broster Buchanan have been retained to exclusively recruit the role of International Tax Director, for a Global Manufacturing business.
19th August, 2020
Broster Buchanan have been retained to exclusively recruit the mandate of International Tax Director, for a Global Manufacturing business, headquartered in Hertfordshire.
Due to recent and continued growth, my client are looking to recruit a brand new role of International Tax Director, in line with their strategic plans for continued expansion and development.
Reporting into the group CFO, the role takes accountability for the Group’s UK and overseas tax affairs; ensuring full and complete compliance across corporation tax, indirect taxes and payroll taxes as well as cross-border transfer pricing. You will develop the Group's taxation policies and procedures, as well as being responsible for managing external stakeholders i.e. tax advisors and government tax authorities.
By taking a hands-on approach in identifying opportunities for process improvement, you will take ownership for driving the implementation of positive change by influencing various stakeholders across the group.
A non-exhaustive summary of accountabilities below:
● Provide tax structuring support to operational teams
● Manage the Group’s tax affairs, ensuring full compliance
● Deliver the tax strategy, providing international tax support and oversight to global tax compliance
● Identify opportunities, developing strategies and implementation of tax related projects
● Develop and maintain the policies for compliance with cross-border transfer pricing
● Manage the Group’s country-by-country reporting obligations
● Support the Group audit process and lead the audit of tax consolidation to ensure efficient sign off in accordance with agreed timescales
● Tax risk management: develop and maintain details of material tax risks around the group
● Manage the R&D tax credit claims process
● Evaluate the effect of future UK and overseas tax law changes on the group
● Be an integral part of the Group Finance leadership team
● Work with treasury/group accounting to efficiently plan the periodic repatriation of funds
● Support the corporation tax compliance in respect of third-party assets under management
● Support the wider finance team in periodic improvement initiative
The successful candidate will be an experienced CTA or CA, you will have developed a suitable breadth of tax exposure with at least 8 years PQE and worked within an inhouse function ideally with exposure to supporting project lifecycles from a tax perspective.
You’ll be a commercially aware tax professional, with a keen understanding of how to apply tax nuances in a commercial context. You will be self-sufficient, confident, comfortable making decisions and taking accountability. You will have excellent communication skills, gravitas, and credibility to articulate clearly at a senior level.
It is paramount that you have a hands on and proactive approach to identifying process improvement opportunities, you have strong influencing skills, and the tenacity to deliver positive change.