What will you do?
This is an exciting new opportunity to lead the development of HMRC’s strategic tax platform and associated technology services.
You’ll be responsible for delivering a reliable, sustainable and relevant set of IT solutions, at pace, to enable the digitisation of tax policy and design.
Building and leading a team of SAP TRM technical expertise, you’ll be influential in developing the TRM technology strategy and will support the delivery of cost-effective technology solutions and services.
If you are passionate about how technology can improve our tax strategy, policy and design and want to work in a diverse and inclusive organisation, this is the role for you.
How will you add value to the role?
• Demonstrable experience of success through inspirational leadership
• Strong stakeholder management and relationship building skills
• Proven track record of large-scale IT change delivery with significant experience of SAP
• Experience of technology-enabled business transformation and embedding cultural change
• Experience of delivering cutting-edge technology solutions at-scale in complex environments
• Proven track record of building team capability in a matrix environment
• An authority on business service development and strong on business analysis and strategy
• Experience of managing suppliers to deliver cost effective end-to-end business services
Essential Technical Knowledge:
• SAP TRM / ERP / EOP
• Optimization of business functions through technology
• API and micro services architectures essential
• Payments technologies
• IT legacy estate transformation
A good level of competence across all the SFIA skill categories especially SFIA level 5/6 experience in the Business Change domain including:
• solution development and implementation
• procurement and management support
• client interface
At least one recognised Professional PPM or Change Management qualification
What will you be part of?
This is not the Civil Service as you know it! HMRC is continuing to implement bold plans to transform our IT and digital services. We are already one of the most digital organisations in the UK, and our aim is to be one of the most digitally advanced tax authorities in the world.
As part of this we are focused on making tax digital, transforming the experience for business, individual and indirect customers. We want to make it easy for our customers to get their tax right, whilst enabling HMRC to fulfil its ambitions of being trusted and valued.
What’s in it for you?
We are one of the country’s largest employers, with around 60,000 people working across the UK.
Whatever your role, you’ll be amongst people with an incredible range of skills and experience.
Our strength as an organisation is in our diverse people, ideas and backgrounds, and the inclusive working culture that brings us together.
We’re committed to providing everyone with an employee experience that makes you feel connected to your work, your colleagues and your workplace, and feel proud to be a part of our mission.
Key benefits include:
• Base salary of £70K - £100K dependent upon experience
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service
• Additional ones paid leave commemorating the Queen’s Birthday
• Civil Service pension - highly competitive contributory scheme
• Flexible working schemes, including part- time or term-time working
• Generous paid maternity / paternity leave (notably higher than the statutory minimum)
• Tax-Free Childcare (TFC) scheme
• Interest-free travel/ bicycle loans
• Onsite facilities including fitness centres and staff canteens (where applicable)
• Learning and development tailored to your role
How to Apply:
Please note: we can only consider applications that have been submitted via the Civil Service Careers site