An excellent opportunity for a VAT Accountant / Preparer to join the in-house tax team who cover VAT/ Corp Tax & Employment Tax. Although the main responsibility of this role is providing support to the Head of Tax in respect of VAT compliance undertakings there is always opportunity to get involved in other areas of tax and continue to grow and develop.
The role involves the preparation and timely delivery of VAT compliance activities including the preparation of VAT returns and reconciliations for business units , as well as overseeing/monitoring the VAT return process for other group returns, tax audits, and being actively involved in the operational plans for the tax function.
• Monthly and Quarterly VAT Reconciliations.
• EC Sales and Intrastat filing.
• Tax Audits
• Resolving HMRC queries
• Ensure VAT compliance on invoices and intercompany transactions.
• VAT registration and de-registration.
Ideally you will have
• Experience in VAT accounting processes, experience of the tax issues impacting these areas
• Ability to understand complex tax positions and manage compliant solutions
• Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly Excel)
Please note that only those applicants who have a legal right to work in the UK and have an appropriate amount of practical relevant UK tax experience will be considered for this role.
Get in touch for further information about this Manchester based VAT job, In-house VAT