About The Association
Combining the strengths of the American Institute of CPAs and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, we empower the world’s most highly-skilled accountants – CPAs and CGMA designation holders – with the knowledge, insight and foresight to meet today’s demands and tomorrow’s challenges. We drive a dynamic accounting profession that works every day to build trust, create opportunity and grow prosperity worldwide.
Summary of Role
Responsible for the preparation of indirect tax filings. Analyze and monitor systems for accurate tax settings. Support tax reviews and research of compliance requirements given expanding global operations. Assist with various compliance functions, including preparing inputs for annual corporate tax computations. Perform other global compliance related duties in support of the Association and its Related Organizations. This role will be overseen and supported by the Lead Manager.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
● Prepare and timely file quarterly VAT returns, including MOSS filings, maintaining accurate and detailed supporting documents
● Calculate annual VAT recoverability rate
● Analyse transactions for proper indirect tax, including reverse VAT
● Assist with implementing Making Tax Digital (MTD)
● Assist with compliance audits and notices
● Ensure appropriate taxability product setups within our systems, working closely with internal and external business partners
● Complete monthly reconciliations of indirect tax accounts
● Ensure any indirect tax rate changes are appropriately updated in UK ERP (Oracle)
● Setup and maintain VAT business activity recoverability tactics within the UK ERP
● Partner with Inventory, Global Business Services and Information Technology partners on indirect tax projects to solve issues and improve accuracy and efficiency
● Research and document conclusions on indirect tax issues, advising other departments within the organization as necessary
Other Compliance Duties
● Assist with assessing and applying transfer pricing to global activities between legal entities
● Prepare supporting documents for annual corporate tax computations
● Assist with the preparation of tax forecasts, including the review of allocations between the various entities within the Association
● Respond promptly to all tax and regulatory related matters
● Request and maintain Certificates of Residency forms
● Coordinate meetings with internal and external business partners, record meeting notes and ensure resolution of open items
● Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
● Detail oriented, organized, deadline driven and independent self-starter
● Ability to interpret and apply tax regulations and guidance
● Knowledge of indirect tax
● Advanced proficiency in Excel
● Strong analytical and communication skills
Required Experience, Qualifications & Education
● 3-5 years relevant experience
● 1-3 years of indirect tax experience
Preferred Experience, Qualifications & Education
● International indirect tax experience
● Transfer pricing experience
● Oracle experience
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
Why Work for Us?
At The Association, you are part of a global, diverse and talented group of colleagues. You have opportunities to innovate and collaborate in a leading organization that impacts individuals and businesses. You’ll have opportunities to progress while enjoying an exciting work environment that supports and celebrates individual achievement, development and professional satisfaction.
Together, we will lead the most influential body of professional accountants and create the future of the global accounting profession.
We offer competitive benefits, PTO, flexible working principles, and a supportive, collaborative team environment.