A fantastic opportunity to join a leading business in the hospitality sector as in-house Tax Manager.
* To oversee a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations on a timely basis. The primary focus is on Corporation Tax but the role will include Income Tax, VAT and SDLT where appropriate.
* To correctly prepare and submit all tax returns in line with the group's reporting deadlines.
* To ensure the correct calculation of the Quarterly Instalment Payment, liaising with external advisors to ensure an appropriate level of group relief has been taken and to ensure all tax payments are made on time.
* To perform and ensure the accurate recording of all tax related costs across the business.
* As the In-house Tax Manager, you will be the direct point of contact on all tax related matters to internal as well as external stakeholders, such as HMRC. This includes liaising with external advisors and our international ownership in ad-hoc matters, including M&A activity.
* Overseeing the appropriate reporting of VAT within the businesses.
* To ensure the accurate recording of capital allowances that can be claimed by the businesses as part of the planned major refurbishments.
* Overseeing the relationship with HR (tax related reward and benefit matters, PAYE & NI submissions, other levies)
* Responsible for the review of the tax and appropriate balance sheet accounts, their preparation, accuracy and accurate resolution on a monthly basis as part of the management accounts process.
* To assist in developing a strategy and processes to help drive good tax practice and correct disclosures to HMRC.
* To manage and communicate with external audit on all areas of tax.
* Ideally a qualified ACA / ATT / CTA or equivalent accountancy qualification.
* Ideally with experience as an In-house Tax Manager, but we would also look at someone direct from an accountancy practice.
* Must be an excellent communicator and have good written communication skills.
* High personal standards with a requisite to detail, accuracy and presentation.
* Highly analytical with proven planning and analysis skills.
* Self-starter with high personal drive, whilst working alone.