The objective of the role is to support the Head of Tax and wider tax team in providing a broad range of tax advice to the group. You will gain significant exposure to UK and non-UK tax matters and will have the opportunity to
drive improvements in the group's tax processes.
Given the rapid expansion of the business, changing tax landscape and small team size, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of tasks and will develop a broad skill set.
* Assist and advise on transactions undertaken by the group such as:
* - corporate or property acquisitions and disposals including due diligence,
* - corporate restructuring,
* - intragroup lease restructuring and
* - bank refinancing,
* - working with advisors, head of tax and the wider business.
* Providing the business with tax forecasts to help inform good business decisions
* Monitoring and advising on the impact of legislative changes, helping to ensure business policies and processes keep pace with changes in operations
* Transfer pricing policy review / implementation of recommendations, working with advisors
* Responding to HMRC enquiries and helping to build relationships with the tax inspector.
* Assist with tax compliance and reporting, supporting the compliance manager during busy periods
* CIS, SDLT and NRCGT and ATED compliance, either in house or managing external advisors
This is a great opportunity for a qualified and experienced tax professional who is looking to develop and utilise their current skillset, knowledge and experience in a vibrant fast paced environment. In return the business will offer you the opportunity to work with an enthusiastic and team and ability to develop your career with support from the tax team.
Skills and qualifications required:
* Fully qualified CTA/ACA
* Knowledge or practical experience of real estate tax matters such as SDLT, non-resident
* landlord regime, CIS, ATED