We have a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring tax advisor to build a mixed tax career within our client's team.
Reporting directly to the Head of Tax, you will be a key team member from day one.
You will work to deliver a range of tax compliance services.
- Personal Tax and Trusts – collate worldwide information as transactions happen, for UK self-assessment tax returns for individuals and Trusts. Maintain individuals’ tax records and ensure all returns and payments are submitted on time. Preparation of income and capital gains computations as required.
- Corporation Tax Returns – review of returns and computations, filing and archiving. Ensure corporation tax returns and payments are submitted on time. Assist our finance team with preparation of business tax computations and research into queries as required.
- EIS/SEIS Relief – work with our investment team to maintain tax records for investments qualifying under these venture capital schemes.
- VAT - preparation of VAT returns and EC sales lists for sole traders whose VAT information feeds into their tax returns. Research into VAT questions as required.
- Payroll Taxes – provide research and technical support for our payroll department to resolve queries.
- Property Taxes – provide support for CIS and property VAT administration. Ad-hoc research as required.
- FATCA/CRS/AEI – completion of international tax reporting forms to banks and investment companies for individuals and businesses.
- Project work – ad-hoc tax and investment related projects and research as required.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Is keen to progress their career in Tax and is seeking a varied, interesting role.
- Has attained or is currently studying for the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) qualification or who is part qualified and seeking to progress in tax and some has relevant experience, preferably in a Practice environment.
- Is confident, flexible and willing to gain further experience in the workplace.
- Is a committed highly organised individual with a pro-active and common-sense approach.
- Has excellent administration and communication skills (both written and verbal with attention to detail).
- Has integrity, discretion and understands the importance of confidentiality.
- Is tactful, diplomatic and approachable, with the ability to develop relationships with a wide range of people.
- Takes ownership of tasks and follows them through to the end, seeks feedback on own performance and is able to respond positively to constructive criticism.
- Has a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office with excellent IT skills.
- Enjoys working both on their own or as part of a wider team.
What we have to offer:
- An attractive salary
- Study support can be provided if required to complete the ATT/CTA or ACA qualification
- 8% employer pension contribution
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Individual BUPA cover
- Life insurance 4 x gross salary
- Car parking