Outstanding mid tier firm is now looking to recruit a Tax Manager to cover both CT and VAT advisory work.
Your new company
With only 20 partners and a team of over 150 professionals, my client is a firm that is small enough to care about you and your business, but big enough to create opportunities for their clients. They ensure information and expertise is readily shared across the group and that all of their clients receive a consistent, personal service.
They believe it takes close relationships to build confidence and confidence enables their advisors to support clients with tailored solutions, pro-activity and quality care.
Your new role
The groups tax department has a wealth of tax specialists who deliver clear advice, cutting through the complexity of tax codes and regulation and determining the scale of impact for corporations and individuals.
They support every size of company from small businesses to listed companies with comprehensive business tax strategies. Detailed plans are designed based on each client's size, sector and operating environment.
They also work with individuals to meet their short and long term objectives, taking time to understand personal circumstances and whether interests are purely domestic or also overseas.
The Tax Team have a wealth of experience and industry insight, so they're able to understand a situation and provide the best advice and support possible.
As a result of continued growth the business is now looking to recruit a Tax Manager who will get involved in both Corporate Tax and VAT Advisory work across a range of clients.
Duties include and not limited to: - Advisory:
* Providing corporate tax advisory work - UK and International aspects;
* Providing VAT advice and support to a variety of clients - both UK and cross border;
* Clearance applications to HMRC;
* Double taxation relief applications, mainly for withholding taxes;
* Undertaking all relevant due diligence relating to corporate tax and VAT;
* Capital allowance claims;
* R&D claims.
* Assist management in publishing marketing material and technical articles;
* Take lead on identifying process inefficiencies in the firm and creating workflows and systems to address these;
* Work closely with the GP team to understand changes in business needs and act as a bridge between GP and Tax;
* Remain up to date with accounting standards and assist with providing accounting advice where necessary.
What you'll need to succeed
It is likely that you'll be ACA / ACCA / CTA qualified and looking for a firm that can genuinely provide you with outstanding work in a progressive and meritocratic environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.