Marks Sattin is recruiting for a Senior Tax Manager to join a fast growing business based in North Yorkshire. Working closely with the Finance Director, you will be responsible for establishing the group tax strategy and formalising the tax compliance environment.
The role will be perfect for someone who is keen to take the No 1 role in the business, partnering with the executive board on all tax matters.
You will specialise in Corporate Tax, however you will also gain some exposure across employment tax and VAT. Working with the external advisors, you will interactive with them on technical pieces of work and learn best practice, up skilling yourself at the same time.
In the role you will
* Oversee the preparation and submission of tax returns and payments to HMRC (VAT, Corporation Tax, Employment etc.) with external tax compliance support as required
* Oversee and improve tax compliance processes.
* Implement a 'Senior Accounting Officer' tax compliance framework.
* Manage the relationship with HMRC and external professional tax team.
* Manage the group's tax risk register and Senior Accounting Officer submission, taking action to mitigate tax risks identified.
Ideally you will be qualified (ACA, CTA , ACCA, CIMA) and have experience working in an advisory capacity. You will possess a commercial approach and have the ability to interact at a senior level.