Global investment bank looking to recruit a UK Tax Manager (VP) for its city based office.
Your new company
Investment bank with operations across the globe.
Your new role
The key purpose of this job is to ensure that the appropriate members of the UK group (of this global bank) are compliant with their UK Corporation, Value Added Tax and Operational Tax compliance obligations and also to ensure the accurate and timely completion of all tax reporting. The role also supports the UK Head of Tax in providing tax services to Front Office and on Group transactions.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Tax compliance and reporting is essential to ensure sustainable growth of the Group's business in the UK and EMEA.
* The London Tax Department is responsible for the delivery of all UK tax compliance and reporting requirements and has tax oversight over all Group operations in EMEA.
* Our UK and EMEA Tax Strategies include key objectives of:
* Filing accurate and timely tax returns
* Maintaining open and transparent relationships with tax authorities
* The London Tax team also provides tax support services to Front Office teams and the Group generally.
* Successful delivery of these objectives requires close collaboration with numerous departments/teams in both the front office and back offices, for example in providing tax certificates to Front Office, or producing tax notes/disclosures for inclusion in regulatory reports or statutory accounts.
* The role is a key element in the processes for calculating and accounting for UK corporation tax and VAT annually.
* Contributes to the delivery of approximately 20-30 material tax returns and payments annual.
* The role will play a key role in ensuring the bank meets its UK operational tax compliance obligations.
* Maintaining both external and internal relationships with HMRC, professional advisors (EY, etc), OAD, PD, etc.
* Support the UK Head of Tax on tax matters relating to Front Office and Group Transactions.
* Ensure that all operational tax returns (FATCA, CRS, etc) are prepared and filed in accordance with the Regulatory requirements.
* Monitoring and maintaining the SAO governance structure and ensuing annual certifications are filed on a timely basis.
* Support EMEA tax offices on operational tax matters.
* Keep up to date with the relevant UK Tax Regulations and ensure that any changes are communicated to the relevant stakeholders.
What you'll need to succeed
Education & Qualifications/requirements:
* Qualified accountant and or ATT / CTA qualified
* Proven post-qualification experience in all aspects of tax compliance, preferably Banking Taxation
* Experience of tax reporting for statutory accounts purposes and group reporting
* Knowledge of operational tax matters, preferable.
* Strong technical knowledge of business and operational taxes
* Experience in dealing with HMRC correspondence, auditors and other stakeholders.
* Strong organisational skills and time management skills
* Good numerical and analytical skills
* Robust and clear communication style
* Good team player
* Good problem solving skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.