Marks Sattin are currently working with a Top 15 Accountancy firm who are looking to recruit a Tax Senior for a private client tax compliance role based in North London (Finchley). The role will involve reporting to and supporting the Senior Tax Manager as well as contributing to the provision of an excellent range of tax services to a diverse set of private clients.
Responsibilities will include:
* Preparing annual tax returns (Individuals, Trusts, and Estates) and managing client lists in order to meet the submission deadlines
* Obtaining missing information from the client, third parties or within the firm as appropriate
* Advising clients on tax liabilities as they become due
* Identifying tax planning opportunities for clients
* Preparing/amending and/or approving letters and emails for Senior Manager's approval
* Drafting replies to client or third party correspondence, seeking further input as appropriate
* Electronically filing tax returns
* Assisting in dealing with Enquiries raised by HMRC
* Preparing other forms etc. as required by HMRC or other third parties
* Various ad hoc work as it arises such as technical research, assisting with tax projects, etc.
* Monitoring chargeability on a weekly basis
* Assisting with the billing cycle, dealing with debtors and provisions for Work in Progress (WIP), and preparing fee quotes to be approved by the Senior Tax Manager and/or Partner(s)
The ideal candidate will have
* 2-3 years minimum working experience in a tax environment (primarily with Private Clients)
* ATT qualified with at least 1 year post qualification experience.
* Grade B in English and Maths A -level or equivalent
This position offers a great career path to progression within the firm and a great benefits package in addition to a competitive salary.