Cheshire based or home working with occasional travel to Cheshire and London. An exceptionally rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced corporate tax professional to join a newly formed but highly experienced in house tax team. You will be part of the finance team which is based from Daresbury in Cheshire but home working or a London base is also possible. Day to day your role will be to provide overall management of corporate tax compliance for the UK and overseas legal entities including management of external providers who prepare the compliance.
• Corporate tax compliance for the UK and overseas legal entities.
• Monitor profitability forecasts and ensure timely tax payments on account are made for UK and overseas entities.
• R&D tax credits including ensuring appropriate processes are in place to maximise tax relief available.
• Implement and maintain an appropriate Tax Governance Framework, ensuring appropriate policies and processes to enable accurate tax reporting across the business and SAO compliance.
• Prepare group half year and year end tax reporting under IFRS.
• Monitor the Group’s forecast effective tax rate.
• Work with the Head of Tax and the wider Finance team to advise on cash repatriation to the UK and intercompany financing.
• Prepare Country by Country reporting for submission in the UK and ensure local notifications are filed on a timely basis.
• Monitoring and communicating changes in tax legislation.
• Working with the Head of Tax to promote tax visibility across the group and providing tax technical advice if necessary.
• Engagement of external tax advisers for specialist advice as necessary.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced corporate tax practitioner who is able to work independently, confident interacting with the colleagues across the business and with external advisors. Someone with experience of managing large compliance projects. FS experience an advantage but not a pre-requisite.
Skills and Abilities:
• Qualified tax professional with at least 7 years’ PQE either in-house or in practice.
• Extensive corporate tax compliance experience.
• Strategic thinker.
• Strong relationship building, influencing and communication skills
• Self-motivated, determined, resilient and tenacious.
• Ability to work effectively individually and independently, and in teams.
• High level of drive and energy.
• Pragmatic and commercially astute.
• Customer service orientation.
• Flexible, adaptable and able to deal with pace.
This appointment will be at Director or Senior Manager level