Tax Manager reporting to the Tax Director, working with Global Treasury teams to advise a portfolio of cross-border inter-company loans, along with preparation, submission and management of withholding clearances and related compliance.
Our client is a US owned Global Manufacturer of packaging and aerospace equipment, with a rich history, having established themselves as a household name with a global presence.
Reporting to, advising and supporting the Tax Director, the Tax Manager's key responsibilities of this role include:
* Providing UK & international technical tax advice on which strategic project implementation decisions are based
* Ownership of all phases (planning, diligence and execution) of individual projects to ensure technical, financial, quality and risk management standards are met
* Assisting with UK and international planning projects, which support key activities such as recapitalisations, capital reductions, capital reorganisations, mergers, transfer pricing, reviewing hedging positions and other treasury tax matters and the long-term entity rationalisation project
* Undertaking a broad multi-disciplinary due diligence process
* Advising on the regular repatriation of a number of sizeable distributions from various jurisdictions:
* Managing and developing a multi-disciplinary in-house team (tax, legal, accounting and treasury) and the relevant external advisory community
* Project manager, end to end, a number of distributions brought up through complex multi-jurisdictional holding structures
* Regularised as well as ad-hoc project work including, global repatriations, restructuring, transfer pricing, hedging and financing
* Ensuring compliance to the organisation's regulatory commitments and overarching tax strategy
* Collaborating with the compliance team for input into UK CT returns, HMRC enquiries and statutory accounts preparation
* Responsibility for UK tax compliance, and managing the group's CFC compliance
* Providing UK & international technical tax advice
* Working with Global Treasury teams to manage a significant portfolio of cross-border intercompany loans, along with preparation, submission and management of withholding clearances
* Completion and filing of quarterly UK withholding tax returns
* Managing transfer pricing supporting documentation for intercompany loan financing
* Preparing EMEA budget, quarterly and year end US GAAP group tax reporting deliverables
* Ad-hoc support for EMEA tax audit controversy investigations
* Development of the tax team's technical US GAAP knowledge
* Working closely with the Tax Manager, within a SOX control environment
You will have ideally qualified through one of the large accounting firms having attained ACA/CTA qualification. It is essential that you have a good amount of experience within Corporate International Tax and Group Tax consolidation reporting, be that within a firm or ideally from being "in house" already, with a proven track record of strong project management of several international projects at any one time. US GAAP experience is also desirable.
£70,000 base plus good bonus