The Senior Tax Manager will be part of the EMEA Tax team within Finance, and will have oversight of all the UK entities.
Responsibilities include management of the annual compliance processes for the UK entities including review of the tax computations, monthly reporting and Effective Tax Rate monitoring, review and oversight of the tax reporting and disclosures in UK statutory accounts and ownership of UK Tax technical developments.
The tax senior manager will work with the wider EMEA tax team, including the offshore team in Poland, as well as Finance Controllers and the global tax team in the US.
* Working in a team dealing with UK tax related matters
* Day to day oversight and management of the UK compliance cycle for all UK entities, including tax return review and timely submission, claims and elections, group matters, R&D claims, Corporate Interest Restriction, tax payments, the Group Payment Arrangement and our account balance with HMRC and any other filings required
* Review of the monthly tax provisions prepared by the team including calculating the tax accruals, as well as the management and reconciliation of the tax balances on the ledger & effective rate analysis
* Responsibility for monitoring the UK Effective Tax Rates and reporting to the US tax team on these, liaising regarding substantiations and support required
* Responsibility for liaising with the US tax team in respect of deferred tax substantiation
* Review of tax numbers and disclosures for statutory accounts
* Ownership of UK tax technical developments and their applicability to the group
* Preparation of responses to HMRC queries regarding tax issues
* Liaising with the UK Financial Control team & New York tax department as required
* Supporting the UK Head of Tax with UK tax technical developments and planning as necessary
* Working with the EMEA Tax team in Poland who support the UK team with some of the above
* As required foreign travel to support Poland EMEA tax team
* Responsibility for oversight of team processes, controls and monitoring and input into Senior Accounting Officer certification
* Demonstrate in depth experience of applying both UK general accounting and UK tax accounting concepts to day to day work.
* Knowledge and experience of managing the corporation tax compliance and reporting process for a group of entities.
* Knowledge of financial sector accounting and systems would be an advantage.
* Knowledge / experience of working with US GAAP would be an advantage (detailed knowledge not required)
* Working knowledge of Excel.
* Able to demonstrate experience of suggesting pragmatic solutions to problems and conclude where appropriate.
* Demonstrate experience of working to multiple deadlines.
* Be able to work unsupervised on day to day responsibilities.
* Demonstrate experience of working as part of a team to achieve team goals
* Demonstrate ability to manage a number of different issues and be able to manage own time appropriately.
* Demonstrate an ability to quickly understand new technical issues.